Colonial Van Lines - December 16, 2016--Poor communication, now they owe me money and I can't get a response
Promised a professional, stress free move.WRONG!
I had a window of three days to get my furniture and auto moved because I live out of the country. Poor communication and poor follow through. Lots of stressful and emotional telephone call and they acted like it was my fault. The people that was originally subcontracted never got in touch and didn't even try for the job.
I lucked out on the sub, sub-contracted company (Corey) and they were great. Two good guys that tried their hardest to do a big job. Now, the auto delivery was a nightmare. Before I was in the US the carrier called my brother in Texas and wanted to deliver the car!
The response was "now what am I going to do"? Emailed CVL and told them. No communication. I was blasting them with calls.
They didn't know where my auto was but I was in Tennessee where I was supposed to be on that date. Finally someone called me with the auto transporter's phone number. I had to call them to negotiate a delivery. They said my car was in storage and they didn't have anyone to deliver it.
I hit the ceiling! Less than calm, I was furious. He was supposed to "call me back", he didn't. I called him, CVL was not in touch.
The transporter told me that I would have to pay for the storage before they delivered my car. CVL said they would reimburse me. At 9:45 PM, he called and asked me to walk down to the main road (at the time they were delivering my furniture), because they couldn't get the transporter on my road. That was a load of *** because the moving van was there.
Finally, I got some help from the furniture delivery guy (Corey) and he drove me down to the road. They were supposed to be in a church parking lot. NOT! They were on a busy highway median off loading my car.
I was afraid to get out of the other car to even see my auto. He wanted to hand off there. It was dark and I couldn't see anything. I was complaining and the guy was laughing at me.
It was so dangerous. Next part, CVL had pressured me into overestimating the weight of my furniture so they would "bring the right equipment". I did and now they owe me around $800 because of the overestimate.
Now, I can't get anyone to respond to me from CVL.Does anyone know what to do for this?
More Review Details
What I liked
- I liked the sub sub contractors that delivered my furniture
What I disliked
- Poor communication
- Will not return communication about my refund
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "If you hire Puma, just hope they don't do any damage to your house, because they will ignore you, not care about the damage, and then imply that you did..."
- "BEWARE!!!! these people have been a nightmare! I had a simple move from an apartment to a storage while I go out of state for training. These Morons..."
- "My husband recently hired on with malone flat bed. After three weeks no pay, my husband came down with a infection, he had to have surgery, his dispatcher calls him..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "HEY EVERYONE PLEASE DO THIS SO WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT THERE TO LET MORE PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS A SCAM If you been scammed by preview models please..."
- "I read reviews online stating that this is a legitimate resume writing company. However, there is nothing legitimate about this company. When I ordered my resume to be written..."