Take all of these 1-star reviews and the 5-star reviews that began as 1-star reviews on Google, and that is our experience with Colonial Van Lines & their subcontractor RELO Van Lines.

As a matter-of-fact, I was told by the sales agent I first interfaced with, Gian-Carlo, that they use their own trucks and personnel. That was not true in our case - - and apparently in the huge majority of reviewers.

It would be easier for me to advise the visitor/reader to review all the recent 1-star reviews for Colonial, because that would just about cover our entire experience with them.

We have moved extensively over the past decade - overseas, having split shipments, local, interstate, multiple companies. This is THE WORST moving company we have ever dealt with. Theft of property, needless damage to belongings, severe lack of communication with client, faulty estimation of weight to garner funds at pickup, misleading, significant delay in delivery, exceptionally poor customer service, no accountability taken, no sincere reconciliation to customer, and last night as my wife checked through the last unopened plastic container we packed ourselves, they had opened and rifled through the contents, no doubt looking for valuables to steal, which they had already done by stealing a box with most of my wife's costume jewelry. She was already heartsick about the theft of sentimental items, but now was even more upset over the violation by representatives of CVL looking through our personal property...that MAY cover everything.

They (RELO) delivered almost 2 weeks past our delivery window, had zero communication with us or our CVL support agent (Mena) during that time, damaged our brand new $3000 tempurpedic frame and mattress, and a couple of other pieces of furniture.

We have been offered some compensation along the same lines as many others, but I continue to see the same horrible experiences we suffered being experienced by others that have used CVL after us. Thieves are still employed, mismanagement runs rampant. We are looking at arbitration and legal avenues for our situation. Would strongly advise others looking to move to look elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Colonial Van Lines Moving Service.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments